Notary Arlington provides Form I-9 verification services in Dallas/Ft Worth to employers seeking an authorized agent to meet with their remote hire employee to ensure proper completion and verification of Form I-9, in compliance with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services policies.
Officially called the Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9 is a United States Citizenship and Immigration Services document that is mandated by the Immigration and Control Act of 1986. It is used to verify the identity and legal authorization of every individual who is recruited, referred for a fee, or hired for employment in the United States.
All U.S. employers must ensure:
- The employee completes Section 1 of the form no later than the first day of work for pay.
- The employee gives identification documents and the form to the employer (or the agent/representative of the employer).
- The employer (or agent) completes Section 2 of the form within three business days of the employee’s first day of employment.
I-9 Verification Services in Dallas/Ft Worth
Basic Form I-9 Verification service includes:
- Scheduling and meeting with your remote-hire employee at a mutually agreed location.
- Ensuring proper completion of Form I-9, Section 1: Employee Information and Attestation.
- Any corrections required on Section 1 of Form I-9 will be made, initialed and dated by the employee.
- Physically examining unexpired original identification documents the employee presents from the Lists of Acceptable Documents (Form I-9, page 3).
- Verify both identity and employment authorization.
- Complete and sign Form I-9, Section 2: Employer or Authorized Representative Review and Verification.
- Return the completed Form I-9 to the employee.
- Promptly notify the employer if any issues prevent the Form I-9 Verification from being successfully completed at the scheduled appointment.
- A travel charge to meet the remote hire employee is additional to the fee for this service.
Available services in addition to the basic service include:
- Same day email to the employer with an encrypted file attachment – copy of the completed Form I-9.
- Same day email to the employer with an encrypted file attachment – copy of the identification documents presented by the employee.
Note: For privacy protection, file attachments are encrypted with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
A notary public is often sought out for I-9 verification services because they are considered trustworthy, attentive to detail and experienced with checking identification credentials. For Form I-9 verification services in Dallas/Ft Worth, Notary Arlington will act as an authorized agent of the employer, not as a notary public.